Quick breakfast dishes to whip up in less than 10 minutes
If, like me, you’re always hitting the snooze button for a few more minutes of shut-eye, making breakfast would probably be the last thing on your mind. However, we all know how moms are right about the importance of having breakfast. Prepping food doesn’t always have to take very long. Here are five tried-and-tested quick breakfast recipes that you can easily fit into your packed morning routine.
1. Kaya Cheese Toast (6 minutes)
Kaya and cheese should already be on the list of great food pairings, and what other way than to have it old-school, sandwiched with toast for a quick breakfast? The eggy coconut jam adds delicious sweetness while the cream cheese lends a rich, creamy texture to the sweet treat. If to eat lower-fat dishes is one of your resolutions this year, a great alternative to butter is cream cheese, which has 60% less fat*.
2 slices bread
2 tablespoons kaya
¼ block PHILADELPHIA Original Cream Cheese OR
2 tablespoons PHILADELPHIA Spreadable Cream Cheese
- Spread kaya on one slice of bread.
- Spread PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese on the other slice of bread and make a sandwich.
- Place sandwich on pan and allow the bread to toast on each side.
- When both sides look crispy and golden brown, cut the sandwich in half and serve.